Ep 12: How to Interact with Regulators
“It is easy to forget, in the course of our everyday life, that we are in an incredibly regulated business, one that really involves every aspect of the law.” –Peter Thrane
– what you’ll learn –
- The regulations involved in insurance agency licensing.
- What insurance regulators are fundamentally all about.
- His general approach when dealing with regulators.
- The best way to get the regulator out from underneath the business of the licensee.
- What is regulatory reputation?
- The proper approach when regulators are calling upon two different categories: Agents licensing status and enforcement matters.
- When should you involve a lawyer?
- The general process regulators use to investigate and close a matter.
- If a disciplinary action is taken, how does that impact regulators in other states?
Connect with Pete Thrane:
- Website: www.stinson.com
- Phone: 612-335-1779
- Email: email@example.com
- If you treat your customers well, you will not hear from regulators.
- Regulators don’t respond well to adversarial approaches.
This episode was brought to you by…
Spot On Insurance is brought to you by Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier insurance licensing experts. To learn more about ILSA and their services, visit ILSAinc.com.
Connect, Learn, Share
Subscribe so you never miss an episode. Love what you’re learning? Spot Light your review on iTunes and share your favorite episodes with friends and colleagues!
Visit us on Facebook every Friday at 11 a.m. Eastern Time where we answer your podcast questions through our interactive Facebook Friday Q&A Live events!