Ep 15: Cyber – Risk and the Insurance Industry
Robert Sargent is the Founder and President of Tennant Risk Services, a national wholesale insurance broker and underwriting manager that focuses on professional liability as well as specialty insurance coverages for all forms of businesses. He is also a past president of the National Association of Professional Surplus Lines Organizations (NAPSLO), and the author of the Specialty Insurance blog.
Robert joins me to discuss what a cyber risk is, how it can damage you and your business, and explain how to equip our companies with the right kind of protection against cyber-attacks.
“Exposures have evolved beyond just a data breach.” –Robert Sargent
– what you’ll learn –
- What is cyber risk insurance?
- Why is cyber risk insurance important?
- What kind of changes are we seeing in cyber-attacks?
- How does Robert Sargent define cybercrime?
- Real world examples of cybercrime
- What is ransomware and why is it trending?
- What kind of coverage is needed for cyber risk?
- The difference between data breach coverage and cyber risk insurance.
- How do you get cyber risk insurance?
Connect with Robert Sargent:
- Website: www.tennant.com/insurance
- Ransomware is the fastest growing form of cyber-attack. Not only can it hold your data, but also your business for ransom.
- You need a comprehensive policy to protect yourself from cyber risk.
This episode was brought to you by…
Spot On Insurance is brought to you by Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier insurance licensing experts. To learn more about ILSA and their services, visit ILSAinc.com.
Connect, Learn, Share
Subscribe so you never miss an episode. Love what you’re learning? Spot Light your review on iTunes and share your favorite episodes with friends and colleagues!
Visit us on Facebook every Friday at 11 a.m. Eastern Time where we answer your podcast questions through our interactive Facebook Friday Q&A Live events!