Ep 25: The Psychology of Downed Trees
Christopher Boggs is the Executive Director of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (Big “I”) Virtual University. He is focused on writing, researching, and teaching casualty and property insurance coverages and concepts to both Big “I” members and others in the insurance industry. He has authored more than 300 risk management and insurance articles on a diverse range of topics such as the MCS-90, enterprise risk management, and Credit Default Swaps. Chris has also authored 13 insurance and risk management books.
Today, Chris shares his thoughts on what he calls the psychology of downed trees and its implications in the insurance industry. He relates the subject to the recent hurricanes we’ve had and the possible problems agents would encounter and provide tips on how to respond properly.
“One of the worst parts of the recovery and reaction phase
is not knowing what’s going to happen.” – Christopher Boggs
– what you’ll learn –
- What is the psychology of downed trees and where did it originate?
- The 5Rs of natural disaster
- What agents need to think about regarding the 5Rs of natural disaster?
- Tips for agents when it comes to claims and coverage after disasters.
Connect with Christopher:
- Website: www.independentagent.com
- Phone: (800) 221-7917
- Email: email@example.com
- People who buy online as opposed to talking to an agent might not have the coverages they need.
- Just because your neighbor got paid for it doesn’t mean you’re going to get paid; they might have different endorsements than you.
This episode was brought to you by…
Spot On Insurance is brought to you by Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier insurance licensing experts. To learn more about ILSA and their services, visit ILSAinc.com.
Connect, Learn, Share
Subscribe so you never miss an episode. Love what you’re learning? Spot Light your review on iTunes and share your favorite episodes with friends and colleagues!
Visit us on Facebook every Friday at 11 a.m. Eastern Time where we answer your podcast questions through our interactive Facebook Friday Q&A Live events!