Ep 30: Managing your Reputation on Social Media
Melissa Agnes is the President and Co-Founder of Agnes + Day Inc. She is a sought-after keynote speaker and, as a consultant, she helps global brands and government entities prevent and manage a wide range of issues and crisis, ultimately guiding organizations to implement what she calls a crisis-ready culture. As a keynote speaker, she travels the world speaking to government and international organizations such as the Ministries of Foreign Affairs and NATO, as well as a wide range private and public companies, and universities.
Today, Melissa explains the importance of knowing the difference between an issue and a crisis and the effect of social media when it comes to negative issues and viral videos. She also shares her insight on theUnited Airlines’ airplane scandal and Oreo’s simple yet perfectly executed political stance regarding the LGBT community.
“No matter what the crisis – no matter where it originates –
social media is a factor in crisis management.” – Melissa Agnes
– what you’ll learn –
- The difference between an issue and a crisis.
- How do you identify something negative going viral?
- The steps you should take to regain your reputation?
- Her take on United Airlines’ viral video and social media issue.
- How to implement a crisis-ready culture.
- The appropriate time to respond to a viral video or social media issue.
- Why Oreo’s LGBT social media statement was brilliant.
- Her thoughts on using autoresponders on social media platforms.
Connect with Melissa:
- Website: www.melissaagnes.com
- A social media crisis is not actually a crisis, it’s an issue that’s gone viral on social media.
- Social media is meant to be a platform for two-way communication.
This episode was brought to you by…
Spot On Insurance is brought to you by Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier insurance licensing experts. To learn more about ILSA and their services, visit ILSAinc.com.
Connect, Learn, Share
Subscribe so you never miss an episode. Love what you’re learning? Spot Light your review on iTunes and share your favorite episodes with friends and colleagues!
Visit us on Facebook every Friday at 11 a.m. Eastern Time where we answer your podcast questions through our interactive Facebook Friday Q&A Live events!