Ep 42: Agency Operations – The Missing Piece
Cindy Donaldson is the CEO of Red Barn Consulting LLC., a consulting firm geared towards helping organizations make wise decisions when it comes to marketing, sales, and business operations. She is an award-winning salesperson and has gained national recognition in the field of digital marketing and social selling. She works best with small to medium-sized companies that are currently stuck and are willing to invest in their business to grow larger. Cindy’s extensive experience makes her a specialist in the banking, healthcare, and insurance industries.
In this episode, Cindy discusses the importance of having the right kind of culture in an agency. She explains how culture can affect an agency’s growth and efficiency and why owners should not be hesitant when it comes to letting go of some employees for the sake of the company. She also shares some tips on how agencies big and small can initiate and implement change effectively.
“Culture really is king. If they have mastered that piece, it’s a huge step towards being the agency of the future.” – Cindy Donaldson
What you’ll learn:
- What it’s like to change the culture from the top of the organization?
- Questions a leader needs to ask to improve agency culture.
- The problem with principals starting as prior producers.
- The difference between a leader and a manager.
- The three Ps of agency operations.
- How to deal with an owner who refuses to acknowledge a problem.
- The “frog in water” analogy when it comes to structural changes.
- Tips to help business owners initiate change.
Connect with Cindy
- Being a great leader does not always translate to being a great manager, and vice versa.
- The traditional insurance agency structure is a lot like a dysfunctional family.
- There’s no bad employee, just those who aren’t a good fit for the company.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.