Ep. 55: Agency for Sale: Prep Before You Bail
Joyce King is the Quality Assurance Administrator at Insurance Licensing Services of America, Inc. (ILSA). Her responsibilities at ILSA include overseeing the activities of ILSA’s marketing staff and new business enrollment operations. She has over ten years experience working in various facets of regulatory compliance in the insurance industry including licensing and surplus lines tax filings.
In this episode, Joyce relays her experience before she worked for ILSA. She provides wisdom regarding mergers and acquisitions, the documents the agent needs to prepare, as well as the entities the agent needs to pay attention to when it comes to compliance. She also shares some words of advice for the new people in the industry or those aspiring to be part of it.
“You don’t want to give the impression that business is bad so you’re cutting away your licenses.” – Joyce King
What you’ll learn:
- How she got into the insurance industry.
- What companies should start looking at for mergers and acquisition prior to selling business.
- The regulatory files and documents you need to look at
- What the buying entity is interested in.
- How many reports the agent needs to prepare?
- What happens when the agent forgets to prepare the documents?
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.