Ep 39: Continuing Education Compliance
Lesli Leakey is a licensed adjuster in the State of Texas and the Director of Compliance and Product Manager of WebCE, a business that provides quality education products and services to working individuals and corporations throughout the country. Lesli’s primary responsibility is managing the Compliance department. She oversees brand compliance, manages the staff, and handles both internal and external compliance matters.
Today, Lesli shares her wisdom on the do’s and don’ts of continuing education (CE) compliance and renewals. She explains the chief requirements for continuing education, the importance of being proactive, and what happens if you don’t complete on time. She also shares tips on making renewals easier as well as how their company can help professionals when it comes to continuing education.
“When you wait until the very end, you're cramming everything into a short period of time and that could interfere with business that needs to be conducted.” – Lesli Leakey
What you'll learn:
- What is WebCE and how does their company help those in the insurance industry?
- The required hours for continuing education.
- When do you need to complete your CEs?
- What happens if you don't get those CEs completed on time?
- Specific product training requirements for continuing education.
- What does reciprocity look like between states?
- Why CEs for adjusters are more complicated than those of producers.
- Tips on making your renewals less stressful.
- Reporting of credits and posting transcripts.
Connect with LEsli
- Website: WebCE.com
- You have to be proactive when it comes to continuing education requirements.
- It's important to know the requirements for your individual state that you're licensed in.
- If one of your non-resident licenses requires continuing education, then you can designate another state as your home state.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.