Ep. 90: Wire Fraud, Extortion, Identity Theft! Step Up Your Cyber Security Awareness
Jessica Thayer is the Financial Services Practice Leader and Senior Vice President at Starkweather & Shepley, a company that specializes in many types of insurance programs such as affinity groups, alternative risk solutions, transportation, construction, and education. Jessica specializes in the financial and professional lines of insurance including Network Security & Privacy and Professional Liability. Before joining Starkweather & Shepley, she served as Senior Vice President for Liftman Insurance and Marsh.
Jessica joins us today to discuss cybersecurity and how this affects the type of insurance recommended to businesses. She shares real-world scenarios concerning hacking, data breaches, phishing, and other forms of cybersecurity threats. She also describes the evolution of cyber security issues and their resulting counter-measures as well as shares tips for those who want to work in the insurance industry.
“Cyber liability is an area many clients are struggling with. The risk of exposure is constantly evolving.” – Jessica Thayer
What you’ll learn:
- Why Jessica switched from trying to be a dentist to working in the insurance industry.
- The companies she’s worked with over the course of her career.
- Cybersecurity issues, data breach stats, and the solutions companies can utilize.
- Cybersecurity insurance, how it works, and why businesses need it.
- Real world data breach scenarios, how they happened, and the aftermath.
- Cyber extortion and the various ways you can fight or prevent it.
- Cybersecurity concerns regarding the podcasting industry.
- Regulations in cybersecurity and what agents need to know.
- Current developments in cybersecurity and what we can look forward to.
Connect with Jessica
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.