Ep 21: Insurance for the Legalized Marijuana Industry
Zane Gilmer is a partner at Stinson Leonard Street, a national law firm that offers legal advice and representation to persons and businesses experiencing complex legal issues. Zane’s practice focuses on compliance and business litigation. He represents companies in both state and federal courts as well as arbitration forums across the United States. His clientele includes small regional businesses, individuals, and large Fortune 100 companies.
In this episode, Zane discusses how insurance works when it comes to the marijuana industry and why it can be a problem if you don’t know your facts. He also shares real world cases and scenarios regarding various insurance issues in the marijuana industry.
“You have to understand the industry, so when you’re writing insurance policies
you understand the risk you’re actually undertaking.” – Zane Gilmer
– what you’ll learn –
- The dichotomy when it comes to federal and state laws when it comes to marijuana.
- Property and casualty insurance issues related to the marijuana industry.
- Examples of insurance cases involving marijuana.
- Considerations for health insurance coverage and medical marijuana.
- Ancillary businesses related to the marijuana industry.
Connect with Zane:
- There are industries that popped up solely to serve the marijuana industry.
- You have to be specific about what you’re covering and it’s not different with marijuana.
This episode was brought to you by…
Spot On Insurance is brought to you by Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier insurance licensing experts. To learn more about ILSA and their services, visit ILSAinc.com.