Ep. 58: Live and Love your Agency
Anson Ross Thompson and his partner Jenny Dils Durr are the owners of The Thompson Group, an independent insurance agency that works with the industry’s leading carriers such as Westfield Insurance Company, Motorists Mutual Insurance, and Society Insurance. Their company prides itself on being a progressive insurance agency with programs that cater to their clients’ home, auto, health, and business needs. No fans of formal business titles, Anson and Jenny call themselves the Insurance Ninja and Insurance Queen respectively.
In this episode, Anson and Jenny share their life before they got into the business of insurance and how they both grew the company as business partners and as a couple. Anson describes how he managed the company by himself for fifteen years and why he decided to merge it with Jenny’s own company. Jenny explains why they don’t provide quotes for their clients as well as provides solid pieces of advice for those thinking of starting a career in insurance.
“Your culture is by far the most important piece of your business.” – Jenny Dils Durr
What you’ll learn:
- Anson’s academic background and journey into the insurance industry.
- How he grew his company for the first 15 years.
- Why Anson and Jenny merged their company.
- How Jenny entered the insurance world.
- Challenges they both faced when working with each other.
- The story behind their company titles.
- Why they refuse to quote.
- How sometimes the prospect might not be a good fit.
- Why being old fashioned can be a good way to manage a business.
- What you need to understand as a business owner.
- The future of their company.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.