Ep 10: Captive Insurance Compliance Issues
Donald Riggin is an accomplished author, speaker, and the President of Art of Captives, LLC, a company whose business involves alternative risk financing techniques. He also provides public and corporate sector clients with advanced risk financing advice and services. His services include alternative risk facility implementation, review services, and captive and self-insurance feasibility analysis.
Donald joins me to share his knowledge on captive insurance compliance. He explains how to be compliant, his recommendations for beginners, and the risks and rewards of having a captive insurance.
“There is a myth that says that agents and brokers go away when a captive is formed.
That is patently false.” – Donald Riggin
– what you’ll learn –
- What is a captive insurance?
- What domiciles are and what constitutes a domicile?
- What he recommends when forming a captive for the first time.
- The unique compliance requirements for captive insurance.
- The role of agents and brokers.
- Advantages and disadvantages of being a captive.
- The major differences between Offshore vs Onshore domiciles.
Connect with Donald Riggin:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (978) 594-8762
- Offshore domiciles will do almost anything as long as you convince them you know what you’re doing.
This episode was brought to you by…
Spot On Insurance is brought to you by Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier insurance licensing experts. To learn more about ILSA and their services, visit ILSAinc.com.