Ep 13: Continuing Education = Competitive Edge
Michael Gay is an insurance program executive with over 30 years of experience in property/casualty insurance design. He is also an insurance educator who taught property/casualty courses for more than 25 years, an accomplished author of course guides and classroom workbooks, and a risk manager with experience in identification, analysis, evaluation, and treatment of loss exposures for complex risks.
Michael joins me today to share what it means for agents to get advanced degrees and pursue a higher education. He shares his experience as someone who continued his education as well as his experience as a professor. He also talks about the benefits and drawbacks of getting advanced degrees, and why he says the pros far outweigh the cons.
“I believe if you’re serious about this business,
you have to go beyond your basic license and education.” –Michael Gay
– what you’ll learn –
- What’s best: Online or in-person classes?
- The benefits and drawbacks of advanced insurance degrees.
- Why different states have different requirements when it comes to classes.
- How Continued Education helps avoid the “lowest price” trap?
- Identifying which Continued Education course is right for you.
- How choosing the right course gives you a competitive edge?
- Tips on how to find the right course provider.
Connect with Michael Gay:
- Advance degrees show clients you’re serious about your business.
- A more sophisticated customer seeks agents who have advanced degrees.
This episode was brought to you by…
Spot On Insurance is brought to you by Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier insurance licensing experts. To learn more about ILSA and their services, visit ILSAinc.com.