Texas Emergency Catastrophe 90 Day Adjuster License
Resident and nonresident individuals who are not otherwise licensed as adjusters may be emergency adjusters in the event of a catastrophe.
The Texas emergency disaster/catastrophe adjuster license is active for only 90 days. Emergency adjuster application fee is $20. Fingerprints are not required. Emergency Adjusters are not required to receive a Texas license before commencing work, and must have a sponsor to be considered.
90-day license period: The emergency license will remain in force for 90 days with an allowable 90-day extension with a new application and the $20 application fee.
TIC § 4101.101 EMERGENCY LICENSE. (a) If a catastrophe or an emergency arises out of a disaster, act of God, riot, civil commotion, conflagration, or other similar occurrence, the commissioner shall, on application, issue an emergency license to a person if the application is certified to the commissioner not later than the fifth day after the date on which the person begins work as an adjuster.
To obtain the emergency adjuster license, submit the following by mail:
1. Complete and mail the attached Individual License Application (FIN506) sign and notarized by applicant, include the $20 license fee payable to TDI. Original – notarized ink signature on Part IX, Individual Applicant Signature Page – copies are not accepted.
See the chart on page 13 – General Information Guide – to verify the section required to be completed for that license. Be sure to include the following:
- Write “EMERGENCY” across the top of the application in bold print
- Sponsor is required – Note: – An Emergency Adjuster must be sponsored by either a Texas licensed adjuster holding the same license the individual is applying for or sponsored by an approved Texas insurance company.
- Printed documentation of official notice of the catastrophe or emergency. The details must include the date, location, type of catastrophe, and a copy of official notice or other similar third party notices of the catastrophe or emergency.
- Application fee of $20, payable to TDI
Emergency Adjuster applicants are not required to provide fingerprints.
Emergency adjuster applications are given first priority in processing, and are processed on the day received, ahead of all other applications.
Remember – Copies are not accepted – original signature notary page is required.