Ep. 141: Bring Your Brand To Life With Videos
Charles Alexander is the owner of Your Charles Alexander, a video marketing company that provides explainer videos for those who are working in insurance, finance, and people in an advisory role. He is credited for being an expert social media marketer, business developer, and email marketer. Charles is also the Director of the Tennessee Small Business Development Center and works with entrepreneurs to hire competent employees and market their business.
Charles joins us to share the kind of results you can expect from an effective explainer video. He discusses the difference in attention spans between the Boomer and Millennial generations. He describes the ideal content of a 90-second video as well as the ways you can grab the attention of the audience within the first three seconds. Charles also explains why email marketing is not dead and how newcomers in the industry can benefit from using video.
“Don’t get hung up on the grammar – just make it about the customer.” – Charles Alexander
What you’ll learn:
- Why Charles pursued a career in video and advertising.
- Using Star Wars as an analogy for the type of business he conducts.
- Why Boomers have shorter attention spans now more than Millennials.
- How to write a video script that converts.
- The factors that make a successful video ad.
- Why email follow-up pieces are still relevant in today’s social media world.
- His best recommendations for video marketing best practices.
- Using videos when newcomers are entering the workforce.
Connect with Charles
- Website: Your Charles Alexander
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free video tips for listeners
- Freebie for Podcast Listener
- Being authentic and legit always works for video.
- Email is still the same even after a decade has passed, while social media has changed almost every year. Email marketing that worked ten years ago can still work today.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.