Ep. 83: Budgeting for Licensing & Compliance
Sabrina Slater is the Annuals and Corporates Manager at Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA). Her background in recurring services and compliance enables her to have the best skill-set for this position. Her functions involve submitting registrations with the Secretary of State and Department of Revenue, providing liaisons with partnered agents, and Certificate of Authorities reinstatements. She has worked with ILSA for almost eight years and has since garnered multiple accolades that are a testament to her capabilities.
Sabrina joins us today to discuss what it’s like to be the Annuals and Corporates Manager. She explains the role she plays in the company and daily tasks. She also explains what agents need to know when it comes to preparing documents for clients, records to always keep in mind, and questions to always ask.
“As an agent, you want to go in and do your research. Make sure you have everybody in a spreadsheet.” – Sabrina Slater
What you’ll learn:
- What inspired Sabrina to build her career in the insurance industry.
- The value of attending insurance seminars.
- How to prepare a licensing and compliance budget.
- Documents other than licenses agents should be prepared for.
- Tips for agents who work with outsourcing companies.
- The impact of offering electronic services
- How she handles budgeting for withdrawals and tax returns.
Connect with Sabrina
- Technology has advanced enough that a process that used to take a month can be completed in 24 hours.
- The industry can be overwhelming, but keep in mind there are resources and professionals that can help newcomers adjust.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.