Ep. 69: The Calm After The Storm
Rebecca Wheeling is the Co-Founder and CEO of Schedule It, an app that automates inspection scheduling for field services. Schedule It is currently the only automated scheduling, routing, and mapping software for inspectors and adjusters. She is a recognized speaker, the secretary and treasurer for the National Association of Catastrophe Adjusters and is a recognized emerging entrepreneur by the Kentucky Entrepreneur Hall of Fame.
Rebecca joins us today to discuss the stories, experiences, and ideas that led her to co-founding Schedule It. She shares the problems agents have encountered during the country’s recent natural calamities and how their software has helped expedite the claims process. She also explains the importance of using technology in claim verification and describes the different ways adjusters can upgrade their skill set.
“You have the opportunity to help more people if you take the time to learn how to do the other pieces in the industry.” - Rebecca Wheeling
What you'll learn:
- How Rebecca got started in the insurance industry.
- What led her from being an adjuster to founding Schedule It?
- How Schedule It makes it easier to get claims.
- Her experience regarding claims and why it inspired her to start her company.
- The tedious parts of her job in scheduling claims and how they built a workaround.
- Technology with the potential to innovate the industry.
- The benefits of social media for adjusters in the industry.
- Her take on self-driving cars and how it'll affect policy orders.
Connect with Rebecca
- The adjuster is the lifeline to their carrier.
- It's difficult from an agent's perspective to not know what's happening to the claim.
- Adjusters need to diversify their knowledge with regards to how claims are made.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.