Ep. 57: DOI Cyber Regulations & Business Risks
Tim Pazda, the Vice President of Business Development at BlackStratus, a company that offers cybersecurity services for other businesses. Jim Klinck is an Information Technology and Professional Services Consultant and a Fortune 500 tech leader who oversees $250 million budgets and is responsible for over 2,700 developers in more than eight technology centers worldwide. Christa Rapoport is currently an Insurance Regulatory Affairs Attorney for Nelson Taplin Goldwater, a group providing representation for the insurance industry.
In this episode, our three guests offer their unique take when it comes to cybersecurity and its effects on the insurance industry and its regulations. They offer their suggestions and ideas on specific cybersecurity problems, share their insight on being proactive, and describe in detail how companies can prepare for an attack as well as respond and recover from it. They also discuss specific states and their corresponding regulations when it comes to cybersecurity laws.
“You can’t protect the data if you don’t understand where it is and what you’re collecting.” – Jim Klinck
What you’ll learn:
- How will cybersecurity impact the people in the insurance industry?
- The number of bills introduced in 2017 for cybersecurity.
- How to defend yourself against new cybersecurity attacks.
- How to conduct impact testing.
- Protecting your data from your own employees.
- How does BlackStratus improve a company’s cybersecurity?
- How much has cybersecurity improved in the insurance industry?
- Best business practices for cybersecurity.
- Why two-factor authentications are more secure than traditional security systems.
- Cybersecurity requirements for various organizations in the insurance industry.
- Unique cybersecurity requirements in various states.
Connect with our Guests
Phone: (415) 994-2614
Phone: (973) 508-3967
- Human factors are important. You want an environment that is secure, but you also want it to be easy for employees to do the right thing.
- You have to look at cybersecurity holistically.
- The security program has to evolve with the climate that you’re in.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.