Ep. 108: A Driver of Change in Insurance
Carey Anne Nadeau is the CEO & Founder of ODN, a data science and insurtech company that collates and interprets public records and statistical data to give clients quantifiable advice on business risks. Carey combines the spirit of a success-driven entrepreneur and the intelligence of an MIT-trained statistician to modernize the way we do risk management. She has a Masters degree in City Planning from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy from the George Washington University.
In this episode, Carey describes how her company aims to revolutionize the way we measure risk. She shares the challenges she faced in corporate America and the reason she founded ODN. She shares some mind-blowing statistical facts and explains how they gather data and measure it. Carey also explains why those new to the industry should invest more in social media.
“In the United States, there’s enough data now to build predictive models and use that data to reliably estimate where things are going to go wrong.” – Carey Anne Nadeau
What you’ll learn:
- Carey Anne Nadeau’s humble beginnings and how she came to join the data science industry.
- Why she chose to get a degree in City Planning.
- Her childhood and how her past experiences guided her to where she is today.
- Her struggles against the corporate patriarchy and how she overcame them.
- The political thoughts that helped her focus on data science.
- What ODN stands for and how she came up with that name.
- The kind of public records available and what their company seeks to do.
- The big problem with insurance pricing models.
- Exciting facts regarding public records and data trends.
Connect with carey
- If you’re promoted to a higher position with more duties, make sure to check that against the people doing half the job as you are and getting paid twice as much.
- About 2.5 billion records are produced every year by the US government.
- Data science can make an otherwise dull number into a mind-blowing statistic.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.