Ep. 112: Elevating Your Insurance Career
Meg McKeen is the Founder & Chief Confidence Builder at Adjunct Advisors. Adjunct Advisors is a company that provides customized solutions for professionals in the insurance industry. Their aim is to help individuals find success faster in an industry that is always evolving. Meg has over 20 years of industry experience and specializes in one-to-one coaching, creative workshops, and general entrepreneurial advice.
Today, Meg joins us to share her journey and what eventually lead her to starting Adjunct Advisors. She describes her life before she walked the path of entrepreneurship, discusses the challenges she encountered, and explains how she overcame them. Meg also shares tips on how to make sure your staff are happy and some of the ways you can inspire them to work for your company.
“You have to create value beyond the transaction of insurance.” – Meg McKeen
What you’ll learn:
- Meg McKeen’s journey and the beginning of her career.
- Why she took a short break half way into her career.
- The reason she became passionate about starting her own business.
- The challenges she overcame as she stumbled her way into the insurance industry.
- What the BEGIN program aims to accomplish.
- The common complaints she hears from agency principals.
- Developing your staff and how entrepreneurs can inspire their employees.
- Her passion for running as well as other exercises and recreational activities.
Connect with Meg
- Our job is not to sell an insurance policy and walk away.
- Technology is the great differentiator between generations.
- Everything we went through in life prepared us for where we are today.
- We should feel like we have the right information at the time that we need it to make the best decisions.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.