Ep. 107: The Empowerment Chords – Change Your Perspective, Find Your Power
Toby Brazwell is an Area Sales Leader at Farmers Insurance, an insurance company founded by people with rural backgrounds. Other than being an expert in sales, Toby is a talented musician, writer, and host of the Riffs on Riffs Podcast as well as the author of The Empowerment Chords, a book that guides hardworking people to find the right balance for their careers, families, and personal lives.
In this episode, Toby shares his humble upbringing, his passion for hip-hop, and how he eventually settled for a prolific career in the insurance industry. He describes his life before insurance, the moment he decided to work in corporate, and how he managed to grow as a person and as a professional. He shares his primary motivations, the various challenges he had to overcome and the inspiration for his book as well as the lessons you can learn from reading it.
“As an insurance professional, it’s important to present the best version of you at all times.” – Toby Brazwell
What you’ll learn:
- Toby’s personal background and his passion for music.
- How he balanced his passion for music and his professional career.
- The challenges that helped him become better in the insurance industry.
- How he responded when his employer wanted him to change his hairstyle.
- Racial matters and how it is still a factor in lead conversion.
- The reason he wrote his book and what readers can expect.
- What it means to treat your last name as if it’s a brand.
Connect with Toby
- Farmers Insurance
- Email: email@example.com
- Riffs on Riffs Podcast
- The Empowerment Chords
- Insurance is a relationship business, so stop slamming people with sales talk.
- You can find power in changing your perspective.
- Being an African-American can make selling insurance tougher, depending on the demographic you are selling to.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.