Ep. 105: The End Of Insurance
Rob Galbraith is known as the Most Interesting Man In Insurance. He is a keynote speaker, an InsurTech thought leader, and author of the book The End of Insurance As We Know It. As a speaker, Rob has spoken at events all over the world on topics such as innovation, InsurTech, and what people can look forward to in the insurance industry. He has over 20 years of experience working in the financial services industry and once worked for the Federal Reserve and Citigroup.
Rob joins us to discuss the idea behind his book and what inspired its title. He describes his life before he entered the industry, the companies he’s worked for, and the lessons he’s learned along the way. He explains the difference between the young and old generations in the insurance industry and what they could learn from each other. He also shares some of the countries where startups will thrive, what he thinks is coming to the insurance industry, and advice to young people interested in becoming part of the insurance industry.
“Insurance is the perfect product for our digital age.” – Rob Galbraith
What you’ll learn:
- How the insurance industry is about to be disrupted by millennials, venture capital, and InsurTech.
- His plans for life before he joined the insurance industry.
- Do young people have a competitive advantage if they come into the industry with a startup?
- The language barrier between the young and old generation.
- What large, traditional companies should do to keep up with new startups.
- The opportunities for startups in countries where the insurance industry is still at its infancy.
- Why insurance is the perfect digital product.
- What the future of insurance looks like.
- Advice to young insurance professionals entering the industry.
Connect with Rob
- End of Insurance
- The End of Insurance As We Know It book
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It’s generally easy to get into the insurance industry if you have a decent capital.
- It’s mind-blowing what technology has allowed us to do in our everyday lives.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.