Ep. 152: Great Tech but which do you pick?
Chester “Chet” Gladkowski is in charge of Customer Development at GoKnown, a company that describes itself as the next chapter in distributed ledger innovation and offers products and services that utilize blockchain technology. Chet is a recognized leader in insurance and IT, with extensive experience in providing strategic and practical insights. Some of his specialties include general technology trends, motivational topics, and insurance-related business and technology.
Chet joins us today to share how insurance companies should choose which tech to adapt into their organization. He describes how he found a career in insurance, how it changed his “boring” perspective of it, and why he considers it a noble industry. He explains what GoKnown can do and how they use blockchain to support their services. Chet also discusses why insurance companies will be at a turtle’s pace when it comes to choosing which new technology to use.
“The technology should match and follow the direction of the business.”- Chet Gladkowski
What you’ll learn:
- Chet’s journey, his extensive career, and why he didn’t become a teacher.
- The reason he joined the insurance industry.
- The funny story of why he wrote about Popeye’s and Insurtech.
- How companies should choose technologies to fit their market.
- Blockchain and how it became the talk of the insurance industry.
- What legacy blockchain is and why it’s not good for large companies.
- The problem with Bitcoin security and maintaining value.
- What the GoKnown company stands for and their focus.
- The benefits of working with their company and how they work with blockchain tech.
- Why the insurance industry specifically will take their time adapting to new technologies.
- Chet’s advice to those who are seeking gurus in the industry.
- Why insurance is one of the most noble industries to work with.
Connect with Chet
- In insurance, it’s all about people.
- There’s no legal tender associated with Bitcoin.
- Adopting technology can be a struggle and you will have bumps in the road.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.