Ep. 160: Harnessing Experience To Start An Agency
Ryan Hanley is the Founder and Chief Strategist of Hanley Media as well as the Founder of Rogue Risk, an insurance solutions company that seeks to innovate the traditional and slow approach to getting insurance coverage. He has extensive experience in content marketing, using social media to generate leads, and insurance plan customization. Ryan also regularly hosts customized marketing workshops and has presented keynote speeches on a variety of stages, including at the Agents of Change Conference, on topics related to leadership, marketing, and sales for growth-focused companies and organizations.
Ryan joins us today to discuss what Rogue Risk is all about and how they can innovate the customer-agent experience. He shares why he left his previous company and started Rogue Risk and describes the current problems plaguing the industry regarding customer experience. He shares his thoughts on today’s new entrepreneurs and the opportunities that present themselves in the industry. He also discusses the benefits of networking and attending events and explains why he believes being an insurance agent is one of the best jobs in the world.
“It is so much less about what you actually do, and much more about the expectations that you set and how tightly you adhere to those expectations.” – Ryan Hanley
What you’ll learn:
- Ryan’s experience as an entrepreneur and what he wants to achieve in 2020.
- The mistakes he made early in his career.
- The risks of tampering with a system customers are accustomed to.
- When he realized he wanted to start his own agency.
- The challenges he encountered as an entrepreneur.
- What networking did for his business.
- Why being a property-casualty insurance agent is the best job in the world.
- His thoughts on the opportunities to be entrepreneurial today.
Connect with Ryan
- You don’t always have to upgrade your system. There is wisdom in the saying “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
- Being your own boss means never having just to say yes when you actually want to say no.
- Many entrepreneurs fail because they think owning a business is a get-rich-quick scheme.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.