Ep. 201: Ignatica – Providing the Tools to Profitably Insure Everyone
Manuel San Miguel is the Co-Founder and CEO of Ignatica, a core insurance platform that aims to help insurers grow their markets, boost profits, and digitally serve consumers. Their goal is to help their clients penetrate new markets in a more seamless manner – despite different or heavy regulatory systems. As CEO, Manuel is skilled in software development, digital strategy, and risk management. Before founding Ignatica in January 2019, he worked with Manulife for over nine years as Chief of Technology, Architecture, and Digital Engineering.
Manuel joins us to share how Ignatica seeks to address the problem of digital transition in the industry. He discusses how their company makes use of AI and Blockchain to create a fully digitized insurance platform. He describes how his passion for martial arts influenced the path he took professionally and explains what digital transformation really means for a consumer. Manuel also shares why legacy thinking should be obsoleted in an ever-changing market and his insight on what insurance professionals should learn from the 2020 coronavirus pandemic.
“Life has a way of happening and doors have a way of opening.” – Manuel San Miguel
What you’ll learn:
- The goal of Ignatica and the gaps it seeks to fill in the financial industry.
- How they incorporate AI and Blockchain technology.
- Why Manuel set his sights on the Asian market.
- How martial arts influenced Manuel’s professional career.
- What Manuel noticed with distribution platforms and digitization.
- The definition of digital transformation from a consumer perspective.
- What 2020 has taught the insurance industry.
- Why legacy thinking is no longer applicable today.
- The difference between the way the Asian and US markets are handling digitization.
Connect with Manuel
- ‘Digital’ is not just “I was able to do something online.”
- Many startups in developing countries have great ideas, but are hampered by overhead cost.
- Relying on legacy systems should no longer be a focus in a world where disruptions can happen at any moment.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.