Ep. 01: The Insurance as Commodity Myth
Bill Wilson is the founder of Insurance Commentary, a blog featuring coverage, analysis, and opinions about property and casualty insurance issues. Before launching his website, Bill served as the Associate Vice President of Education and Research at the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America. He was also the founder of the Big “I” Virtual University, where he served as Director for over 17 years.
Bill joins me today to share his thoughts on the highly controversial topic of “insurance as a commodity” myth, which he wrote about in his article, The 6 Worst Things to Happen to Insurance in the Last 50 Years and was published in the December 2016 issue of IA Magazine.
“It’s a perception by consumers that all insurance is the same” – Bill Wilson
What you'll learn:
- Why it is important to educate consumers on the differences between insurance policies.
- Tips for insurance carriers to refocus on insuring consumers instead of competing on price.
- How regulators can help overcome the insurance commodity myth
- How insurance agents can help consumers realize the true value of customer service, expertise, and benefits coverage.
- What consumers need to know about their policy coverage.
Connect with bill
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.