Ep. 187: The Modern Solutionary
Anthony Boquet is the Vice President of Sales and Marketing at The American College, a nonprofit, accredited, and degree-granting institution that focuses on financial services education. He is also a published author and wrote Bloodline of Wisdom, An Awakening of a Modern Solutionary, a book that was born after he read 111 books in a year and is centered around the philosophy and wisdom of King Solomon. Anthony is experienced in Financial and Estate Planning, public speaking, and insurance-related court cases.
Anthony joins us today to discuss why he needed to read 111 books to write Bloodline of Wisdom, An Awakening of a Modern Solutionary and the lessons he wants to impart to readers. He shares how he initially didn’t like the business of insurance and the pivotal moment that changed his mind. He explains how the pandemic has affected The American College and why they were always prepared for virtual learning. Anthony also discusses how the pandemic has forced every industry to adapt and why insurance remains resilient.
“We have to be measured in how we respond, and – as people – we have the ability to do that.” – Anthony Boquet
What you’ll learn:
- What it was like living in a small community in the western part of New Orleans.
- How Anthony found success in insurance and when he decided to work full-time.
- Why Anthony was reluctant to sell life insurance.
- How the pandemic changed the way Anthony teaches financial services.
- How The American College was prepared for the pandemic.
- The three responses to fear and how it applies to what’s happening today.
- Why he wrote Bloodline of Wisdom, An Awakening of a Modern Solutionary and why he had to read 111 books to author it.
- Anthony’s opinion on how this year’s economic plunge compares to what happened ten years ago.
- Comparing life insurance trust to putting an item inside a briefcase.
- Anthony’s winning strategy when it comes to achieving goals.
- The significance of the number 3 in religion and numerology.
Connect with Anthony
- The American College
- Modern Solutionary
- Bloodline of Wisdom, An Awakening of a Modern Solutionary
- The American spirit always finds a way to cope during times of distress.
- The insurance industry is one of the few industries that need to adapt with the times almost every year.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.