Ep.104: The Student Debt Crisis and How Employee Benefits Can Help
Jonathan Mentor is an Employee Benefits Broker for Foa & Son Corporation, a company of international insurance brokers located in New York City. He consults employer groups of various sizes and guides them through the complexities of the wellness, health, rewards, and insurance of their employees. Some of Jonathan’s accomplishments in Foa & Son include closing sales which resulted in a 22% revenue increase and improving the company’s internal systems through tech partnerships.
In this episode, Jonathan joins us to share his thoughts on the Student Debt crisis and how it affects the economy as well as the insurance industry. He describes his life before he joined the insurance industry and some of his career challenges and highlights. He explains the difference in economic values from previous years and what millennials experience today. Jonathan also discusses how the value of a college degree has become more of a status symbol now than a necessity for financial success.
“You can’t teach somebody to be relatable, empathetic, and compassionate.” – Jonathan Mentor
What you’ll learn:
- Jonathan’s life journey, the challenges he faced, and how they influenced his career decisions.
- The reason behind his interest in being part of the insurance industry.
- His views on the current student loan crisis in the US.
- The difference between the job economy decades ago and how it is today.
- Innovative solutions to student debt problems.
- How the gig economy and job hopping has enabled higher levels of financial success.
- Why a 4-year degree is not necessary for a decent living.
Connect with Jonathan
- Student loans are a major indicator of the economic health of the emerging generation.
- You want to connect with the broker that’s really connecting with what your business objectives are.
- Higher education is about to be disrupted into lowering costs by new technology.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.