Ep. 98: Utilizing Volunteer Programs to Improve Employee Retention
Kevin Bingham is the Managing Director at Deloitte, where he has 21 years experience in consulting. A 26 year veteran of the industry, Kevin leads the medical professional liability practice with an analytical focus on Workers’ Compensation claims. He is a renowned public speaker and has published more than 80 articles on advanced analytics. He is a Licensed Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS), a Certified Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) and is a Certified Specialist in predictive Analytics. Additionally, he is a AAA volunteer, CAS volunteer, and an Advisory Board Member and MPL Conference Chair of ExecSummit.
Kevin joins us today to share how volunteer programs help improve employee retention. He shares his thoughts on how to effect meaningful change by giving employees new opportunities and leadership roles within projects. He also emphasizes how these charitable programs are attracting students and employees and the regulatory hurdles involved in volunteering internationally.
“You only have so much time in a day, so you have to be very effective about where you use your time to make the biggest influence on people.” – Kevin Bingham
What you’ll learn:
- Kevin’s background and his passion for people development.
- The challenges faced in college and coming into the industry.
- Why he spearheaded The People to People Program and The Parenting Champion Network.
- How Deloitte’s professionals are using the skills they have learned in a way that helps others in society.
- The meaning of skills-based volunteering and how the skills of Deloitte’s people help charity projects.
- How project applicants receive an eight-month training program with five learning modules.
- The real benefits of having a charity program.
- The topics covered in the Parenting Champion Network (PCN), Parenting Success Guide (PSG), and the Women’s Initiative (WIN) Parenting Call Series.
- The regulatory hurdles of volunteering internationally.
- What’s in the pipeline in the Deloitte organization for employee resources.
- A piece of advice for people just entering the financial services industry.
Connect with Kevin
- Give people at a young age the opportunity to lead a project and use their skills.
- Charity programs resonate with students and employees, and for them, it can be a life-changing experience.
This episode was brought to you by
Insurance Licensing Services of America (ILSA), America’s premier regulatory compliance experts. To learn more visit ILSAinc.com.